I seem to be having a bit of a delay. I have written my first vacation post, but I can't up load pictures. I have lost a key tool that links my camera to the computer. I will hopefully be getting a new one today. I didn't want to post anything about my vacation without including pictures.
In the mean time......
I had the workout of my life today. It has been four weeks since I have been to the gym. Boy did I feel it. Six months ago I decided it was time to get my body back in order. I started running and really learned to enjoy it (crazy, I know). Three months ago Ryan and I got super serious and joined a gym. Not an easy choice to make. Gyms are expensive and they expect you to commit to a long term contract. I hate signing contracts it makes me nervous and I get anxiety (maybe I should take to someone about that :). But I did because I knew it's what I really wanted. I had reached the point where I knew that I would actually go, and I have. I spent all of May and June going to classes (I like them best) and running the treadmills at least 3 days a week. I was obsessed really. I would have gone more if the kids didn't need attention and the occasional meal. It was discouraging, though. I worked really hard for 7 weeks and never saw the results. Sure my muscles were stronger my lungs lasted a bit longer and, lets be honest, my butt had lifted a bit, but nothing changed on the scale. Then 3 days before my vacation, change happened. Bad timing right. I finally felt that my body was in the "lose weight" mode and then I was leaving. I was so sure that the 2 lbs that I finally lost would surely be back on in a matter of days. Turns out I was wrong. I worked so hard taking care of kids and camp and just...stuff. That I managed to lose another 2 lbs while on vacation. I didn't eat enough food (I know that for sure) and I didn't get enough sleep. It wasn't healthy weight loss but it sure beat gaining. One week post vacation and I have put those 2 lbs back on, but I was expecting that. I spent a week not leaving my house and eating what ever I wanted. But now it is back to real life. I will be at the gym three times this week (if I can walk after today) and I will be mindful of what I eat. I am back to being ready. It's time to create the body of my dreams, or at least come close. :)
Buff babes are the best kind! In my opinion :)
ReplyDelete