We got our family pictures taken a couple of nights ago. It was....ok. I loved the photographer I think she did a good job and put up with us well. I was not so pleased the my younger two.
Evan was totally uninterested unless he had Heather's (photographer) full attention. He wanted to get his picture taken but he didn't want anyone else in his shot. He was not paying attention in just about every single family shot.
Alana was awful. She would not sit down, be held or smile for Heather. All she wanted to do was run and play with her Minnie Mouse. We got some good candid shots and lots of personality out of all the kids but I would have like just one family photo when everyone was looking at the camera and smiling.
McKenna was a dream. She loves to pose for cameras and had a really fun time when it was her turn to get single shots. She looked so beautiful in her green dress. We based what everyone else was wearing off this dress. I loved it.
Ryan did good. I think he is improving with practice. He has a lot of really good photos this year.
If you want to get a glimpse of how they turned out go to Heather's blog. I will be getting a CD from her with all the photos in a couple of weeks. I will be putting more in my blog at that time.
Oh I think they turned put great!
ReplyDeleteI really like heather-she is gonna take some for us soon!
Sarah, those pics are totally cute. I love the one on the stairs. Evan is definitely Ryan's son.
ReplyDeleteRyan can usually be bribed into behaving. Give him a Mt Dew and he's manageable for an hour or so.
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are terrific.
I really like the photos Heather took, as well. I won't bore you with technical comments about her photoshop techniques.
ReplyDeleteCute family
I loved the photos. I agree with chelle on the one with the stairs that is my fav. All your kids are so good when it comes to pic i don't think any of them have ever taken a bad pic. Evan my not do what you want in the shot but it is still good.:) love ya
ReplyDeleteAmazing photos! And you are lookin' mighty fine, Sarah! I really don't think I can express how much I love love love LOVE the photo of you with Evan! (And yes, I really do mean every one of those exclamation points.)
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS! I admit, the first one where Alana is off doing her own thing and the rest of you are looking amused/every-so-slightly-frustrated is my favorite. It says so much about life with small kids.
ReplyDeleteWish we were closer - I'd get Heather to do my pictures, too.
I wasn't going to pick favs. Since I'm a joiner, here goes:
ReplyDelete#1. "Curb Appeal" - The best for the reasons Steph stated. Hang it over the mantle good. There are flaws in execution by the photog so I can't give a 10/10.
#2. "Sweet Evan" - Excellent execution by the photog. Perfect light, composition, focus, etc. Evan looks like a child model.
#3. Tie between "Momma's Boy" and "Father & Son" - The latter is as expressive despite being less dynamic; adoring parents, both. A little cropping is needed.
An honorable mention goes to "Our Minivan Broke Down - Waiting For a Ride."
Wow gorgeous family. What great pictures - I loved them all but mostly.. the totally beautiful you(love the hair by the way) the smoochie one, and daddy with his little girl. Man I miss you guys.
ReplyDelete