I am a bit embarrassed to tell this story but since it involves our/my first kiss it needs to be included.
After our breakup we continued to be friends the same as before. We were in the same ward so we saw each other at Young men/Young woman activities every Wednesday and at church on Sunday. I am sure it was awkward for a bit, but I honestly don't remember. I do know that I still liked him and I wanted to see him and hang out with him. I was very confused.
A few months later the Summer came. My little sister Rebecca was baptized and my parents had a party at our house afterward. Since Ryan's dad was the bishop of our ward he was there along with our family-friends the Tollivers. So, Ryan and Corey were there.
Corey was always causing trouble. He took joy out of putting people in awkward situations. Ryan and I were not safe, even if we were his closest friends. We were all hanging out in my garage messing around with stuff. Corey had the idea that Ryan and I should get pretend married. He was still trying to get us together and I am sure he saw his idea as a way to get us to kiss, and maybe back together. I thought the idea was stupid. We were thirteen, after all, I stopped playing 'pretend married' when I was seven. But, Corey was insistent when he wanted something and would not stop until he got it. After enough pressure Ryan and I gave in. Corey "marries" us and says "You may kiss the bride".
We kiss. It was great and I was totally embarrassed.
In enters Ryan's dad. We weren't' busted or anything but Ryan did have to leave immediately because his dad was having an allergic reaction to our house cats. Ryan was pretty bummed about that.
I have no recollection of what happened next but I can tell you that we did not get together. This was the first kiss, the second would not come for another few years.
oh how i love these stories!! i am seriously laughing so hard! ( i laugh in awkward situations, i don't know why) i love that you have known each other since you were kids!! i think that is so fun. i love your stories!
ReplyDelete