McKenna auditioned for a club called Destination Imagination or DI for short. I honestly don't know exactly what this club involves. McKenna's teacher is the coach and really pushed for McKenna to try out. I guess starting in third grade schools compete with each other doing skits and creating things out of random stuff (that's where the imagination part comes in). Second grade is when the kids start being groomed for next year.
McKenna needed to perform something in front of the judges to audition. Some kids danced, some sang a song. McKenna recited a poem. She used props and gestures. She impressed the judges so much that memorizing and reciting poetry is now going to be a DI monthly requirement. It's really no surprise that she got in. As you can see from the video she is too cute to turn away.
I really need a new video camera. (hint hint, Honey)
ReplyDeleteAt least two of your kids are natural performers. I bet Alana will be the same.
ReplyDeleteYou go, girl! So cute.
ReplyDeleteI love it. She is going to be great. so how much help did you have to give her or she come up with most on her own? The kids are getting so big.
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable!
ReplyDeleteThis is just what I was looking for. I was just comforting Julia who was crying because she missed McKenna. She wanted to see her. I sat there holding her and said as bravely as possible "yeah I miss them too!"
She will love to see this video!