Saturday, April 9, 2011

Raising Life Long Runners

The pre-run photo
Every year there is a huge art expo here in town. It always kicks of with a race in the morning. The first race is a 1 mile kids fun run. There are other longer races after but I didn't run them. I wanted to focus on the kids for the day. McKenna ran this race last year for the first time. I mentioned in the post I wrote about last years race, that I really wanted to do more. McKenna and Evan did not disappoint. They both wanted to run this year and they both did a fantastic job. I am so proud of them. 

All three of us finished together at 12 min 15 seconds. Evan could have run it faster but he didn't want to leave McKenna. She struggled toward the end. We are going to work with her for next year. She really wants to be a faster runner.

The kids and I just before they blew the horn

My kids running strong

Race finishers! (like my shadow)

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome Sarah! Way to go you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you guys. Miss ya. Must get together soon.

    ReplyDelete