I can only go running around between 8:30am and 10:30am. This is a very small window. The rest of my day is so booked with everyones else's needs that this 2 hours is all I get.
Alan takes a nap from 11:00am to 1:30pm. She can ONLY sleep while driving in the car or in her own bed. I have tried putting her down in the cart, with a pillow and blanket, but she wakes up the moment I move the cart. So shopping during nap time is out of the question.
I pick Evan up at 2:30pm and McKenna at 3:15pm. Evan is bussed to our local elementary school (his in Headstart), but I still have to drive to get him. Once we pick up McKenna we have to come home. That girl hates shopping after school. She really hates shopping at Walmart. (I have no idea why, but she does.) If we go do some running after school then she doesn't feel like she had enough time to play before homework, dinner and bed. I am sympathetic to her feeling that way so I try really hard not to.
Evenings are always busy with everything that has to be done. Sometimes I just go after I put the kids to bed and Ryan is home doing homework but, I really don't like to. By that time I am tired and I just want to veg and do something I want to do. (reading, TV, craft)
I know that one day when my kids are older I wont have these schedule problems, so for now I will just enjoy them being little and like Tim Gunn says I'll "Make it work".
Just read your "Alana" post; somehow I missed it. My mother was THRILLED when Ryan married you, and she always hoped he was treating you right. I don't know if there's another couple in my acquaintance that's more perfect for each other.
ReplyDeleteLoved the drive-in post. It painted a vivid picture.
And someday, Sarah, our children will have grown, and it won't really have mattered how we got it all done. What will have mattered was the cuddles, the teaching moments, both happy and... not.
I for one plan to take lots of naps and do jigsaw puzzles.