I have spent the last several days taking care of sick kids. Mckenna spent Monday night puking every 20 minutes for 7 hours. It was awful. Her face was a yellow-gray color and there was nothing I could do for her. Alana has had diarrhea for 2 days. I'll take that over puke. But I could tell she wasn't feeling well. Evan, however, faked his sickness. I guess he thought McKenna had a good thing when she got to stay home and watch cartoons all day yesterday so this morning he told me his "tummy hurt like McKenna's". I let him stay home from school but it wasn't very long before it was clear he was not sick. I should put my foot down and take him in but I'm tired. I did, however, give him a firm talking too. He will not be watching cartoons today that is for sure.
Ryan is sick now. He has been sleeping for the last 14 hours. At least I don't have to clean up his puke.
I have no food in the house. Tired or not it's time to suck it up and go shopping.
Congrats on starting your family blog. The first post serves as a potent contraceptive for anyone contemplating starting a family. Good thing I know your kids are worth it.
ReplyDeleteIs that a loading dock y'all are standing in front of? No doubt being a college/military family necessitates being ready to move on the fly but standing around waiting to get personally "boxed" may be excessive.
Get well and thanks for sharing :)
Welcome to the land of the bloggers...I can't wait to be a faithful reader ;) Keep the posts coming...don't be a one post wonder like so many others :(
ReplyDeleteI once puked every 15 minutes for 6 hours straight, which I think may still stand as the family record, although that illness was entirely self-inflicted :( It's a great abs workout, BTW.
ReplyDeleteRyan hasn't been on Xbox for over a month so I knew something was wrong with him. Is he too weak to hold the controller? My medical advice is to get him some Nos and run it through an IV. Hope he gets better cuz I can't kill all the bad guys myself.
Oh! I want to help you!! Have you gone shopping yet?? I'm going to Wal Mart later today, can I get you anything? I bet you don't see this in time, I may call you... I am so sorry, all three - make that four - sick at once has GOT to suck (forgive the abrasive language, but it seemed appropriate)! Good going on chastising the fake sickie :) Sydney tries that EVERY DAY it seems to not do whatever it is I want her to to do... They get too smart too young :)
ReplyDeletePS Love the family photo!
ReplyDeleteYay! I am so excited that you're doing this! I can't wait to see how your family is doing, and I hope they're doing better soon.
ReplyDeleteI have LOVED doing my blog, so I hope it's a good experience for you, too.
-Steph