My Mother's Day was really great this year. It all started on Thursday. I had a coupon for $15 off at DSW (a big shoe store) that I needed to use. Ryan was off that day and so he came along with me. I walked into the glorious bounty and was overjoyed at what I might find. Hundereds and hundreds of shoes to choose from. How ever will I decide?!
I had an idea in my head of what I wanted. Something summery and brown, but not casual. I never really found what I pictured but I did find plenty of willing replacements.
The first pair I found are the gray ones pictured above. They were not the color I wanted but they were so cute and very stylish. They were on sale for $39.94, down from $50.00. But there was also an additional %40 off. Final price: $23.97
Ryan found the second pair, pictured to the right. He went deep into the trenches of the super clearance racks and found these gems. They are his favorites, and by far the best deal ever. Original retail price on these shoes is $115.00. DSW was selling them for $69.94 with an additional %80 off. Final price: $13.99
With my $15 coupon I got both pairs of shoes for $24.13 including tax. A total savings of $142. How awesome was that!
I jokingly informed Ryan that now I needed new clothes to go with my fabulous new shoes. With out skipping a beat he said "I'm good with that. You never treat yourself to nice things." So with that I picked McKenna up from school and the two of us went and had some "girl time" shopping. It was a lot of fun and I got a new church outfit.
Mothers Day Morning
We don't have church until 2:30pm so Ryan let me sleep in. After I awoke I was treated to breakfast in bed and lots of cuddles from all my babies. Ryan cleaned the living room and the kitchen and also managed the kids so I could take as long as I wanted to get ready for church. I got all dolled up in my new outfit and shoes. (forgot to take a picture, sorry) We went to church and the kids behaved, even Alana. I spent the 3rd hour at a brunch that the Relief Society put on, visiting with some new friends. After church we were invited to a big dinner that our friends were putting on. So I didn't even have to cook! It was great.
Now at the end of the day I am feeling loved, beautiful and full. Can't ask for anything more than that.
What fabulous shoes. I especially like Ryan's find.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great day. I remember those wife-of-a-grad-student days, and you deserve whatever spoiling comes your way.
Love the shoes! And what a wonderful day - You totally deserved it!!
ReplyDelete