Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Drive-in with Six Kids

For the next few posts I will relay some of the many things that Rose and I did with our kids during her visit. We had so much fun.

One one of the nights we all (everyone but Ryan) went to the drive-in. This is one thing I really wanted to do with them. As I have stated in the past, I love the drive-in. This was a must share. I was pretty worried that when she got here there would not be any kid movies playing. We got lucky and she came just in time for the last week of Legend of the Guardian: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. This movie was AWFUL. I don't recommend it to anyone. Even the kids got bored with it. Either way it was fun to have the experience.

We went early enough for the kids to play at the park before we settled in for the movie. They had lots of fun and were not very happy when I told them it was time to go over to the cars.

We had turned both cars around and opened the backs. The kids piled up blankets and pillows. Once the movie started I passed out the popcorn and tried to settle in. Unfortunately, the babies had other plans. Jayden and Alana were not in the mood to sit still or go to sleep. They were up and down and switching cars.  Rose and I didn't get to watch the movie at all (not that we wanted to). Once that nightmare was over we strapped the babies into their car seats and made them to go sleep. We closed up Rose's car and put a cartoon on the DVD player. All the kids were distracted and leaving us alone so we could watch the next movie. It was Easy A. A silly, funny movie and not appropriate for kids. It was really nice to just sit and watch a movie with my sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment