Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Our church had their annual Trunk or Treat this week and we had a wonderful time. All three kids went around and got candy with Ryan while I stayed at the van and passed out candy to other kids. I enjoyed it very much. Seeing my primary (Sunday school) kids all dressed up was fun. They also got a kick out of seeing me in pigtails.

McKenna dressed up as a flapper, but really wanted to have paint on her face, so we did some pretty designs and added glitter. Some rude kid told her she looked funny and it made her cry and climb into the van. She didn't want to come out (Lucky for that kid she had no idea who he was so I couldn't go after him). We reassured her that she looked beautiful and that she shouldn't let some stupid boy ruin her Halloween night. She listened and had lots of fun.

Evan was an Army guy. I suppose that is obvious. He looked really great and got lots of compliments on the makeup. Ryan had fun putting the paint on. Evan also had fun and ate way too much candy.

Alana was so cute!! She, of course, wanted to eat every piece of candy that was put into her bag, as soon as it was put in. She got loads of oooh's and awww's. She was the only giraffe there and that was special. She wore the same costume that I bought for McKenna at that age. McKenna got really sick her first Halloween and didn't get to go out (I was super bummed, as that was my first Halloween as a Mom with an old enough kid). Evan wore it when he was that size and looked adorable. So it has been fun for me to have it for all the kids. I suppose now I will pass it on to a nephew or something.
I dress up every year. I am always the same thing. A little girl. It's easy and comfortable and free. Plus I get to wear some of the cute hair bows that I make for my girls. That's the real motivation.

In the nine years that Ryan and I have been married this is the first time he has ever dressed up. I loved that he chose to dress up. I never even asked, he did it all on his own. So, that made it even better. I love a man in mountain gear.

With Halloween falling on a Sunday this year we will not Trick or Treat. The kids got plenty of candy at the church activity and we have a few family things that we are going to do instead. My kids are so wonderful and I didn't have any argument from them when I explained what we were going to do. They understand the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy and that we are teaching them to do right in the eyes of God. I feel so lucky to have them. They are great kids.

Just for fun. This is Evan in the giraffe costume. He was 14 months old.








2 comments:

  1. I love Evan in that picture. Such a fierce warrior! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest keeping the giraffe costume for posterity's sake.

    ReplyDelete