Thursday, October 14, 2010

Time for Company

My life has gotten very busy in the last two weeks. I am currently entertaining my sister Rose and her three kids. So in-addition to my normal busy life I spent last week cleaning my house one room at a time (except the office, its too scary in there). I cleaned closets, organized toys, cleared off counters, washed, dusted, laundered, scrubbed and vacuumed until I was satisfied with my house.

I didn't need to do all this. Rose is my BFF and she could careless if my house is clean. In fact she told me not to spend the time cleaning on her account. I did anyway. I knew that the only way to keep my sanity in this small apartment, with four more people, for ten days, was to start out as clean and organized a possible. Plus the place needed a bit of attention anyway so no harm done.

Upon arriving at my house, Rose walked all around and stopped on front of the office door, observed the outrageously embarrassing mess, hugged me and dramatically announced "Sarah it warms my heart to see this room. You really are human. This makes me so happy. I like you much better now." I have never claimed to be a great housekeeper apparently she got the impression that I was. Guess my "have it all together" status is changed to "just like the rest of us". I would much rather be in the "just like the rest of us" category. Less chance of disappointing people.

We have managed the house pretty well so far. We make the kids clean up the toys every night and Rose and I clean the living room and kitchen every night. I hate waking up to stress inducing chaos.

Ryan asked me if having three more kids and Rose here was more, less or about he same stress level (yes, my husband shrikes me. But, I'm good with it) a everyday life. I thought about it and decided it's a little more only because there is more noise. I can't handle loud kids for very long. But at the same time having Rose here makes things a bit easier as well because I know that she is looking out for my kids as much as I am looking out for hers. We can discipline each others kids and there isn't that awkward "You can't talk to my kid that way".

We're tight like that.

1 comment:

  1. Rose placed you on a pedestal for how many years?? Nice work, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete