Friday, November 12, 2010

The Blog That Has Changed Me

I was directed to a blog by another woman in my church. It is a painful one to read but the spirit that I feel when reading it is so worth it.

This blog follows a typical young LDS family. The mother is 22 the father is 24. They have been married for three years. This summer they lost their baby girl when she fell into a canal and drowned. She was revived and battled for seven days before passing away. The story that has emerged from this heartbreaking tragedy is proof of Gods love and compassion for his children.

I am not very good with words. So it is difficult for me to truly express the way I feel. But I can tell you that when I read the words written by this amazing woman I feel Gods love. I not only feel how much he loves the grieving family, but I feel how much he loves me. This blog has inspired me to get myself together and focus on my testimony and my relationship with my Savior. I know that only through Him can I have complete happiness.

To read the story of the Sullenger family start here. Once you have read the overview please continue on to here. Over on the right side there is a list of posts that tell Preslee's story. Once you have read those I recommend that you read all the posts in order from her death until current. Have a box of tissues and be prepared to feel the spirit of  God. You will not regret taking the time to read this amazing story with a cast of amazing people.

I would love to here what you thought and felt. Please leave a comment if you read it.

2 comments:

  1. wow I can't imagine - I was crying at just the news paper article...now to the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so Ive read more on the blog and they are so so strong and positive and real and wow! I can't even imagine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete