When I announced my new commitment in October I made some bold statements. Let's recap.
I said I would:
- workout 3 times a week for two hours
- write down what I eat
- lose 15-20lbs
- get a fancy heart rate monitor
I have only achieved one of those goals but the rest are in progress.
I am very proud to say that I have been working out three times a week since I made my commitment. I go Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am-11am. I do a combination of classes and running on the treadmill. I started going to a spinning class on Wednesdays but after giving it an honest effort for two months I decided that I really don't care for it. I don't want to have to drag myself to the gym. So I am going to find something else that I like during that time. I love going to spinning with Ryan but he can't do it with me at all this semester so maybe I will try it again in the summer.
I did write down what I ate for a while and it really helped. But, then I started to forget. I need to start again...we'll see. I am pretty good at making smart food choices. I'm by no means psycho about it but I try to be reasonable.
I am very excited to announce that I have lost 5lbs (10lbs to go). I am on my way to my goal. But, my goal has been adjusted. I no longer want to lose 20lbs. That just seems crazy. I don't think I would look bad at that size but I also don't think I am willing to put in the work to get there or stay there. If it should happen on it's own while I am working on other goals, GREAT! But I am not going to make myself a slave to the scale and make that my focus. Instead my focus is going to be my running. Because, believe it or not, I love to run. Never in my whole life would I have thought I would utter those words let alone think them. But it's true. I love to run.
I have decided that I am going to run a 10k in March. There is a race in Midland, TX and a friend asked me if I wanted to do it with her. She is running the 5k but I think I am ready to challenge up so I am going to try the 10k and see how I manage. I haven't run that far before but I frequently run 3-4 miles at the gym so I think I could last a couple more. I pretty excited!
I still don't have a fancy heart rate monitor. I really want one but they're over $100 and that is just not in my budget. So, I am managing without one for now and we will see what the next few months brings.
I feel amazing! I am so proud of the things I can do now that I have never been able to do before. It's exciting to see my body changing and getting stronger. I have been this weight before many many times but I have never been this fit. It just feels better.
No comments:
Post a Comment