Monday, January 31, 2011

Company Cleaning

I currently have me a list of things to do. We have company coming this weekend and I have the desire to get this place straightened out. My house really isn't that bad. I do a decent job of keeping up with the day to day messiness that is a family of five. The deep cleaning, however, tends to be forgotten or "I'll get to that later". So this is how my week looks.

Clean office (someone might be sleeping in there)
Clean carpets (it's really embarrassing)
Organize hall closet
Mail off 3 different packages
Get rid of TV (currently sitting in the living room)
Clean van
Put family pictures on the wall
Scrub Kitchen chairs (also rather embarrassing)
PLUS
Dentist Appt
Doctor Appt
Play group
Work out MWF
and everything else I do

It doesn't look to bad by it's self but some how I don't think it's going to be so easy to complete. As of last week Alana has decided that she will no longer take a nap (at least not everyday). This is really messing with my day. Before she always fell asleep in the car at 12:00pm when I was on the way home from picking Evan up from pre-school. She slept snug in her bed until it was time to go pickup McKenna from school at 2:45pm. I had that time all to myself so I could clean, blog or play with Evan. Losing that time has really been a bummer because Alana does not leave me alone to get anything done.

Currently she is crying in her bed. I am making her take a nap because she is being so rotten and I need a break. Unfortunately IF she does fall asleep I will have to get her up in one hour to go get McKenna and then she will still be cranky. I really hate having to schedule life around nap time.

Well I better go scrub some chairs while I can.

3 comments:

  1. Please don't kill yourself for our sakes! We will be thrilled to see you guys, regardless of the cleanliness of the carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. But you understand how it is. If I don't get everything done I wont stress. It's a wish list really.

    ReplyDelete