This past week has been a struggle. I have had thoughts running through my head constantly - trying to think of something I can blog about. I have not intentionally avoided posting anything. I just can't think of anything worth writing about.
I spent this week feeling exhausted. I blame it on not being able to workout. I tweaked something in my foot and it was difficult for me to walk for a few days. I didn't want to risk making it worse by running or going to my classes. It's been surprisingly difficult NOT to workout. I have come to love it. So I think it depressed me a little when I couldn't go anymore. My foot is feeling better, so I think I will make it in on Monday.
My house is a total disaster. My hurt foot, coupled with feeling exhausted, did not a good housekeeper make. This only added to my depressed mood. Just looking at all the mess makes me want to sit down and turn on the TV.
I did manage to scrub the bathtub, but that was only after Alana decided it would be funny to poop in it during her bath. I should have known it was coming. First she farted. The bubbles coming up between her legs were very interesting to her. She pointed them out to me and then laughed looking for more. At this point McKenna walked in and had me brush out her hair. When I turned around again there was a tub full of poo. Not the solid-easy-to-scoop kind but the runny/chunky kind that quickly spread throughout and infiltrated every toy in the tub.
"Nooooo! Ryan get in here now! I need your help!"
He swooped up the poo child and washed her in our bathroom while I proceeded to clean the tub. Thank goodness for rubber gloves and Lysol.
The rest of the house will have to wait. It's Sunday and I have a primary lesson to prepare and church to get ready for.
Hopefully I will emerge from my funk and get on with life this week. That's the plan anyhow.
"I just can't think of anything worth writing about."
ReplyDeleteThis is me, every single day. Maybe it's the lack of kids. They seem to be a constant source of inspiration.
I can imagine how inspired Sarah was when she turned and beheld a tub of poo (no picture post??).
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to wait until you're much, much older to attain similar blog material, Michael [insert emoticon here].
*obtain
ReplyDeleteAfter I cleaned the tub Ryan came in and said, "You should have taken a picture that would've made an awesome post." Unfortunately I didn't think of it at the time. I was only thinking, "This is SO nasty". Next time I will be more on top of things.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I worked out this morning and my foot feels good. YEA!
"You'll have to wait until you're much, much older to attain similar blog material, Michael"
ReplyDeleteWhen I grow up I want a BIG family so I can write a blog like the grown-ups do!
LOL ... but, I was hinting at your bodily functions becoming sentient - and disobedient - in your old age and the subsequent bloggable mess.
ReplyDeleteI didn't want you to feel left-out because you don't have kids with the tubs of poo that comes with them.
Despite your efforts I feel like I've missed the poo train. But you're right that it will probably come back for me, eventually.
ReplyDelete