McKenna's school had a parents holiday lunch. Ryan was unable to attend because he was teaching his class at that time. But one of the perks of being a stay-at-home mom is that I can always attend. I had to get a sitter for the younger kids, but there is always a friend around willing to help out (thanks Becky).
As you can see from the photo the lunch consisted of turkey gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas, a roll and a cookie. The turkey and the peas were good everything else was pretty underwhelming. I paid $2.75 for my meal and cleaned my plate. McKenna only ate her peas and roll. I couldn't bring myself to be upset about that.
I came in the cafeteria right as she was getting her food. She was worried that I would not make it, so she was double excited when she saw me. She had so much fun showing me how to get the food and where to sit. She introduced me to her friends and told me about her day so far. She was so sweet not wanting me to leave at the end of lunch. She clung to my hand as we walked down the hall to her class room and gave me a big hug when it was time to part.
I loved every minute of my lunch with McKenna.
We do that sometimes when Sam has a weird day off. What always strikes me is how much those kids TALK.
ReplyDeleteLeon always loved it when I would come have school lunch with him. I remember my mom doing it a few times too and I always loved it!
ReplyDelete