I consider myself very lucky. I have been surrounded by strong, competent, respectful men all my life. I will start at the beginning with my father. I have a great Dad. I consider myself very lucky to have grown up with a father that not only treated me really well and loved me a whole lot, but also taught me how to be an independent and capable woman. I spent lots of time with Dad working on things. As a mechanic my father always had plenty of projects to work on. I spent my share of time out in the shop helping him. I don't think that I could fix much today by myself, but I at least know my way around an engine and I can do all the basics. This has come in very handy in my life. Plus, people are always very impressed when they see a woman working on a car. I have called my Dad and thanked him several times for all he has taught me. It goes well beyond cars. I can function in the wilderness. I can skin an animal. I can drive a gnarly 4X4 road. I can pull and back up a trailer. For this and many more things, I love my Daddy so much!!!
My Father-in-law is someone I have known for a long time. He was my Bishop when I was a teen so he became the authority on all things spiritual in my mind. I still see him this way. He is a very loving and caring man. I feel very blessed that he is my husband's father. I know that Ryan would not be the man that he is today if he had not learned so much from his Dad. Ryan understands the gospel and uses the Priesthood so well because of the teachings of his father. Thank you, Blaine. I love you.
The father of my children. I am not able to express my feelings for this man. They are too much to explain. Ryan knows that he is my whole world and that I love him very much. My children know that I love their father and that means a lot (even if they don't understand that yet). Most important, my children know that their Daddy loves them. Ryan goes above and beyond to make sure that he spends time with the kids and tells them that he loves them every day. I could not possibly ask for any more than that. I love you Ryan.
No comments:
Post a Comment