My sister Elizabeth and her husband David will be there for a few days. I am excited to see them. They just moved to Colorado Springs after serving in the Army, stationed in Hawaii. I haven't seen her in 3 years (wow, it's really been that long?).
My second week will be spent between Wyoming and camping in southern Colorado. I have a couple of days between when Rose returns from her trip and when my family reunion starts in Ouray, Colorado. So I am dashing up to see my in-laws in Rock Springs. I don't know who I will get to see as they all have jobs and vacations of their own. But if all I get to do is visit my Mother-in-law's grave then the trip will have been worth it. McKenna has been looking forward to bringing flowers to Grandma's grave for a very long time. I will probably drive the kids around town a bit and show them where I grew up as a child. I really want to take them to the pool park that I grew up playing in. That will be fun to see. Hopefully a family BBQ will also happen.
The third week will be the 3rd annual family camp out. My parents began this tradition and it has really taken off. Every summer we meet and camp for a week in the beautiful mountains of Ouray. It is my favorite place on earth. We are a rather large group and grow each year. It's great because we see family from all over. Some come from Arizona. I come up from Texas and the rest live throughout Colorado. I love seeing everyone so much. I think this time we are expecting 18 adults and 12 kids. We spend a lot of time up in the mountains on the old 4x4 gold mine roads. We explore old ghost towns and the occasional mine shaft (we don't go far). Lots of time visiting and hanging out around the fire. It's wonderful!
Needless to say, I have been getting ready for a week. Cleaning the car (Why do we do this before a trip? It's pointless yet mandatory), going to the bank, making lists, getting books on tape from the library, making sure all bills are in order, washing all the clothes, and finally packing it all up. I am not sure if I will find the time to blog or not but rest assured I will tell you all about my trip.
My second week will be spent between Wyoming and camping in southern Colorado. I have a couple of days between when Rose returns from her trip and when my family reunion starts in Ouray, Colorado. So I am dashing up to see my in-laws in Rock Springs. I don't know who I will get to see as they all have jobs and vacations of their own. But if all I get to do is visit my Mother-in-law's grave then the trip will have been worth it. McKenna has been looking forward to bringing flowers to Grandma's grave for a very long time. I will probably drive the kids around town a bit and show them where I grew up as a child. I really want to take them to the pool park that I grew up playing in. That will be fun to see. Hopefully a family BBQ will also happen.
The third week will be the 3rd annual family camp out. My parents began this tradition and it has really taken off. Every summer we meet and camp for a week in the beautiful mountains of Ouray. It is my favorite place on earth. We are a rather large group and grow each year. It's great because we see family from all over. Some come from Arizona. I come up from Texas and the rest live throughout Colorado. I love seeing everyone so much. I think this time we are expecting 18 adults and 12 kids. We spend a lot of time up in the mountains on the old 4x4 gold mine roads. We explore old ghost towns and the occasional mine shaft (we don't go far). Lots of time visiting and hanging out around the fire. It's wonderful!
Needless to say, I have been getting ready for a week. Cleaning the car (Why do we do this before a trip? It's pointless yet mandatory), going to the bank, making lists, getting books on tape from the library, making sure all bills are in order, washing all the clothes, and finally packing it all up. I am not sure if I will find the time to blog or not but rest assured I will tell you all about my trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment