Thursday, June 3, 2010

Organize and Purge



I did a bit of Spring cleaning yesterday. McKenna and I went through and organized her toys. We also managed to get rid of a few. My girl is not a hoarder she is very good a saying she doesn't want things anymore. In fact she wanted to get rid of some things that surprised me. Her very first dolly that she loved for many years, was the big one. I kept it for her anyway saying that Alana might want it. I think she might change her mind about it some day    
Ryan and I recently purchased bunk beds for the girls. Currently Evan is using the bottom bunk in his room while Alana is in her crib. We figure that the girls will probably be sharing a room for most of there lives, but should they separate then we have that covered as well. I am very happy with the choice we made. The bed is very strong and sturdy and has TONS of storage. The bed has drawers and is used as one dresser and we bought another to match. We found the set over a year ago and waited for our tax return to purchase it. We never found anything else that we liked better. Once Alana is big enough for her own bed then we will buy Evan a new bed and dresser. The idea is that if we buy good bedroom furniture now then it will last them as long as they are in our home. That's the hope anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment