I feel extremely lucky to have been adopted by the Thomas family. They have us over every Sunday for dinner and we celebrate most holidays with them as well. They are a large family full of aunts, uncles, brothers, nephews, nieces, cousins, grandparents and in-laws. They don't have us over because they are lacking people to talk to. I think they have us over because they are incredibly generous and loving people. They found something in our little family that they liked well enough to keep asking us back. We are to the point now where there is no asking, it's assumed that we'll be there. This family has really made living here awesome for me.
One of our favorite things to do at their house is swim. As you can see in McKenna's picture they have a large pool in the backyard complete with diving board and basketball hoop. On Labor Day we spent the afternoon swimming and enjoying the company of some of the Thomas clan. As always, there was tons of good food and the BBQ was going all day. Unfortunately, due to Ryan's crazy work load this semester (you can read about here) he was not able to come to the fun pool day with us. The kids were pretty well behaved so I managed. It also helps that I can ask some of the older Thomas kids to help out with the older two in the pool while I exclusively manage Alana.
It was a wonderful day and I am truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment