I was in charge of bringing garlic bread to the Thomas Sunday dinner this week. I had never really made garlic bread. I have always taken the easy route and bought garlic French bread from Walmart. Well, the Thomas family makes me want to go all out when I make something. This family loves food. They truly appreciate and understand the effort that goes into making things. Plus everyone is very free with complements. "Wow, that is amazing" is heard often. It's very encouraging.
So here is the recipe. I highly recommend you try it, if you love garlic and cheese that is.
Ingredients:
16 onces frozen bread dough -- thawed
12 cloves garlic -- minced fine
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup Six Cheese Italian Parmesan
1 tablespoon butter -- melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
vegetable oil spray
Directions:
Melt 2 tablespoons butter wit the olive oil in a small pan . Add garlic and cook until softened. Roll dough into 12in by 8in rectangle.
Spread dough with butter garlic mix. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Sprinkle with cheese.
Roll dough tightly and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 one inch slices. Place in a nine inch round pan that has been sprayed with vegetable spray. Let rise until doubled. heat oven to 375 F. melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Mix in garlic power. Brush over top of rolls. Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes.
ENJOY!!
I'm drooling.
ReplyDeleteI'll make these for sure... eventually. They're probably not good for somebody on a diet, 'cuz I'd eat about ten. I LOVE garlic.
I want you to know I lost two pounds last week, which was my goal. Only 18 more to go. For now.
Oh those look soooo good! I want to go make them right now.
ReplyDelete