Friday, August 27, 2010

Cup Cakes

I spent part of my morning making cupcakes. Tomorrow is McKenna's 7th birthday. She wanted to bring cupcakes to school like she has for the past three years. However, the new school has a "no cupcakes in school" rule. After discussing other options with her teacher we decided the I could, in fact, bring the cupcakes. McKenna's class has recess during the last 15 minutes of the school day (weird I know). They go straight from the playground to parents' car so we decided to get rebellious and do cupcakes at recess. McKenna was very excited about the change of plan.

She was the hit of the playground and everyone wanted to sit next to her. I never feared that she wouldn't make any friends but I didn't expect her to become so popular this quickly (cupcakes probably helped). She had a wonderful day and felt very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment