I came out to my car this morning to take McKenna to school and it smelt awful! It smelt like bad movie popcorn butter, which is strange. I haven't popped popcorn in my van lately. I asked McKenna if she had any drinks in the back that might have gone bad. Nope, just bottled water.
After suffering the ride to school and back with the windows down, I cleaned out the van. I found old bags of popcorn from our last drive-in night. They did not smell. I found several grape juice boxes, all empty and all not smelly. Finally I found a McDonalds chocolate milk from five days ago. It was tucked under my seat. The nasty smell was located. Just for good measure I cleaned out the rest of the car and expected the problem to be solved.
Leaving to pick McKenna up from school this afternoon I found the same nasty stench. Evan dramatically held is nose and insisted that I change Alana's diaper. I had to tell him several times she was not what was stinky. Upon further investigation I discovered that the chocolate milk had leaked all over the rug. That is the stinky culprit.
Tomorrow I wash the carpets.
Whew, I was scared that you were going to conclude it was lingering remnants of the gas I passed on the way home from church on Sunday.
ReplyDeleteOff the hook! :P
Totally plausible.
ReplyDelete