I was granted a few hours of leave this afternoon. My mind swirled with the possibilities of what I could do all alone. It really is a radical idea. No kids? No need to hurry home and relieve Ryan so he can work? Just some time for me. So I did something that I have only ever done two other times in my life. I got a pedicure. Seems like a simple thing, but it was oh so good.
I sat in a chair that massages my back and neck while my feet enjoy a whirlpool tub soak. A woman scrubbed my feet (with a cheese grater, at one point. She was nice enough to point out that my heels were really rough.) and cuts my toe nails. There was a leg and foot massage along with a hot towel wrap for my calves. It was awesome (the word awesome has a high-pitched tone). The hour of pampering ended with the perfect polish and some fancy design on my big toes.
Someday when we "make it" I will do this every month or so. Until then I will look at my pretty toes and remember....Sigh.
I've had pedicures without the polish and girly stuff and yes, they are awesome. I've never had to pay for it, though. My current girl does it for free. And I do it for her, free.
ReplyDeleteI would pay for it happily, though, and enjoy the massage chair and other professional perks.
Maybe when the kids are grown and out of the house, Ryan will service you properly. You can't relax with demands being placed on you.
Hey now, nobody gets to question the sufficiency of my servicing besides Sarah.
ReplyDeleteHey Sarah! I love your blog it looks great and the pictures are so cute! I hope you guys are well it looks that way. Hope to talk to you soon.
ReplyDelete