Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Birthday McKenna!

My baby is now 7-years-old. We had an amazing day, full of behaving, happy kids. It could not have gone better.
The girls were up at 6:45am (Don't they know what Saturdays are for...sleeping in!) - excited for the day. I made McKenna blueberry muffins for her b-day breakfast; her favorite. After a bit of cartoons we loaded the family up and went to the gym. Our gym has a fantastic kids program and the older two went to a kids' Zumba class while Ryan and I went running. McKenna loved it. I think that will be a regular Saturday morning activity.
Once we got home she couldn't wait to open her presents.  So we got cleaned up, got lunch and proceeded with the good stuff. First she opened a book from Aunt Rose, and then a journal from me. The rest of her presents all went together, so we walked her into our room where they were displayed on the bed. I got a good shot of her reaction when she saw her new electric guitar. She has been asking for a guitar for about two years now. I finally figured that if she hasn't lost interest by now it might be worth investing in this. Ryan and I have always wanted to learn to play ourselves so it's a win for all of us. She got the works, plus a couple of learn-how-to-play books from Grandma. Ryan and I want to get her into private lessons but that will take a while. In the mean time we are going to work with her and learn together.

After that excitement we picked up McKenna's two  friends Haylee and Alina. We took them all to Chucky Cheese. We go there once a year around the time of the older kids' birthdays. It was fantastic! I bought enough tokens to run them around for 3 hours. There was pizza and cake as well, but they played a lot of games. Everyone had so much fun.  It could not have been a more perfect day.  
Happy Birthday my sweet baby. I love you so much!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe I forgot her birthday. Tell her happy belated b-day from me, and I can't wait to hear her rock out.

    Um, what happened to Alana? She turned into a little girl in like the last week or so.

    ReplyDelete