Thursday, August 19, 2010

Joyland - Where the fun is

We took our annual trip to the amusement park Joyland. It was hot, of course, and the mosquitoes were out in force. Everyone was very well behaved so we all had a good time.

Evan was tall enough this year to get to ride a whole new selection of rides. In fact he could ride all but two of them so long as he rode with an adult. McKenna was tall enough to ride everything alone so that made the logistics of it all much simpler. Ryan spent most of his time holding Alana and taking pictures. I did most of the rides with the kids. We swapped out when ever there was a spinning, stomach dropping ride, those make me sick.

We bought Alana her own armband in case she wanted to ride the baby rides, but she made it clear that it was not for her. She fussed and cried through the whole carousel. She did manage to ride the cars with McKenna but totally freaked out on the airplanes and I had to have the ride stopped so I could get her out. After that she was done for the night. I think by next year she will be more ready. She was tired and not interested in riding at all but she was really well behaved and just enjoyed watching everything that was going on. There are lots of colors, lights and sounds at the amusement park.


I spent the whole last hour feeing guilty for not remembering to bring the bug spray. I had put it in my bag that morning but then Alana deconstructed the whole thing that afternoon . I failed to put the bug spray back in. Ryan and Evan were eaten alive. McKenna and I got a few as well, but my boys have something in their blood that brings the bugs from miles around to feast. It was awful. Ryan asked if he should go look for some bug spray in the van and I insisted that here was none. I later discovered that I had bug spray in the van the whole time.  
Oh the tragedy of it all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment