Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day Fantastic

McKenna had an amazing first day! Of course she did. She is amazing. She told me in detail everything they did and then concluded with "This school is pretty much the school of my dreams!"

She made fast friends. There are three white kids (all girls) one Chinese girl and the rest are Hispanic. I am sure a sociologist would find it interesting that the white girls and Chinese girl sat together at the same table. Society has come far and I think each generation becomes less and less prejudice. But when a 2nd grader walks into class for the first time they naturally gravitate toward kids that look like them.

I am so glad she loves it. I can now relax.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I cried myself to work Monday morning thinking of you and all my other mom friends who were sending their babies off to school...well, let's be honest, I'm already crying in preparation for when I'm sending Evie off to 'real' school. Remind me in a few years that McKenna's school was "pretty much the school of her dreams." I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete