Thursday, September 30, 2010

Evan's Family Tree


Evan and I worked on his school project today. He has show-and-tell every Friday and they are assigned different things each week.

The first week he needed to bring something that started with the letter "M". That was the letter they were focusing on that week. Evan chose to bring a stuffed Bigfoot and call it a monster for the "M". He got double "M" because he could say that we got it at a museum. He was very proud of that.

On the second week he needed to bring a "taste". One bite of something (cereal, chip, candy, etc.) for each kid in the class to eat. They were learning about our five senses and taste was the show-and-tell that week. Evan brought pretzels.

We are now into the third week and the class has been talking about how every family is different. So we have been given the assignment to build our family tree. This was a lot of fun for both of us to do together. Evan has a very low tolerance for crafty projects. But, as he gets older, he seems to be able to focus on them for longer periods of time. He cut out all the leaves and did all the gluing. I didn't trust him to cut out the pictures. I didn't want to print more and waste the printer ink (it's really low as it is). He really wanted to include all his aunts, uncles and cousins, but I had to convince him that we simply didn't have enough room on the tree. So, sorry family, we will try and work you in next time.

I will admit though, doing this project made me homesick for family. Sniff. Miss you guys!

3 comments:

  1. I love the tree and we miss you too. Hope things work out so that we can see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you also. I thought Evan did a very good job.

    ReplyDelete